Sunday, July 29, 2012

I Am Sick As A Dog (a Daschund, not a St. Bernard)

I'm sick. And my four kids are just getting over being sick. Yee haw. Good times. Not.

I haven't been able to pull my big butt off the couch long enough to come tell y'all about my insane vacation. Oh. My. Crap. It was so full of crazy!

But I've managed to read Let's Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (the Bloggess) and The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and let me tell you - those are some awesome books. Two special kinds of crazy there.

Being inside Jenny Lawson's head is like giving rabid raccoons crystal meth and laughing gas. It is hilarious.

And the insanity of racial/ class/ gender discrimination described by Stockett borders on ridiculous. It made me cry several times, and I'm not a crier. I still see it from time to time, mostly among older generations, and I can't fathom how they don't recognize the crazy as it comes out of their mouths. But it's far worse in the places I've visited up North, for the record.

Anyway, I got on here to let you know that I'll be able to think coherently again in a few days and will post about the trip with my psycho mother-in-law. And I'll post more on my fiction works that I've abandoned for weeks.


(Crappiest blog post ever. Sorry.) Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Leave a comment!